"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
I have been just loving this year so far, I feel like good things have been coming at me for the past few days. It is a good feeling. Yesterday Jen from the fabulous little birdie blog nominated me for a liebster award. It has just made me smile.
So 11 random facts...
1. Today we threw out the blue quality street chocs - does anyone like those ones?
2. I like to play 'Desert Island Discs' with myself.
3. I love cooking for guests.
4. My head age is 32.
5. I used to buy lots of magazines but now I don't. I realised the other day that Pinterest now fills my need for pretty pictures.
6. I am supposed to have lived in New York by now.
7. The first pair of shoes I ever remember wearing were red. I still like red shoes.
8. I love walking on the beach. I think I like it more in winter than in the summer.
9. I have developed a bit of a blanket obsession. This does not mean that I am slipping into middle age.
10. I am beginning to get hot flushes. I find that I don't really mind.
11. My hatred of crumbs in the kitchen knows no bounds.
My answers to Jen's questions are...
1. I think I have to go custard cream here. They just look so lovely.
2. I love camping but hell - luxury hotel!
3. Plum. It just sounds and feels so great in the mouth.
4. The top of a baby's head, especially the heads of my babies.
5. I'm sure I've had some shockers but I can't remember any right now.
6. I always change my mind about this - autumn for feel and colour, spring for the hope and I find the winter light beautiful. I have just surprised myself by realising that summer is probably my least favourite!
7.Hard, probably playmobile. Especially the pirates.
8. George Clooney. I think the reasons are obvious.
9. I think pastels but I may change my mind tomorrow!
10. It would be sunny, coffee would be had at a great cafe followed by a walk in the woods then home to relax in my warm and miraculously clean home.
11. Lovely bread, cheese and pickle. green salad on the side. Can the cheese change? I get bored easily!
My questions are:-
1. What is your favourite place?
2. Tea or coffee?
3. What is your desert island book?
4.CD or vinyl?
5. Did you have a favourite teacher?
6. What was your worst haircut?
7. Who is your style icon?
8. If you could go back in time what era would you visit?
9. Who has influenced you most in life?
10. Bridge or Killing?
11. What would be your money no object holiday?
Now the best bit - 11 blogs that I love. There are so many to choose from but these always make me think or smile...
Oyster and Pearl
Rainbow Vintage Home
Owl and the Accordion
Green Tea and Toast
Scraps of Us
at home with red
I write this sitting in the kitchen sink
Natalie's kitchen secrets
Seeds and stitches