What a lovely weekend this has been! A weekend of good news, sorting, buying and eating. Just about perfect. A weekend for being inside, cos baby it was cold outside. Was it just last weekend it was so mild I had the windows wide open?
1. On Friday Myles had news from Corpus Christi, Oxford. He had an interview there in December and it was a long wait to find out if he got in. He did! Now it is a small matter of 3 A grades at A level. He is going to study PPE and I know that he is going to be brilliant.
2. A new lampshade for the dining room. It was a long search and much stroking of this one. However Iapetus had a bit of a sale, we had built up loyalty points and suddenly our vows to SPEND NOTHING this month were broken. My children think I'm weird but that skeleton makes me smile...
3. Shadows this morning. Am obsessed with shadows at the minute; you're just going to have to put up with it.
4. We are rearranging our music this weekend. We have recently bought new Hi-Fi components and are on the look out for a turntable. We are also sorting through the vinyl and CDs, (there are hundreds) and getting rid of the ones we do not listen to. Mark is going to struggle with this more than me.
5. & 6. There have been germs in this house this week. Some were of the type that you do not want to know about. I am looking to boost our immune systems with lots of vegetables and fruit. A bit of ice cream to use up some ageing oranges and lemons counts doesn't it? Those oranges have reminded me, I need to get cracking on the marmalade making.
Hope you all had good weekends too - and wishing us a safe, calm week. Wrap up warm; 'Countryfile' told me that it is going to be a chilly one!