Friday, 14 February 2014

Half Term

From my pinterest board 'calm'

Half term, half term - what relief I feel! I am always tired at the end of a half term but this week has been mammoth.  Most of you will have seen pictures of Worcester on the news. I have been lucky in that I haven't had to cross the bridge to get to work but my usual 20 minute journey turned into a two hour one. This week has been one of super early mornings - to beat the traffic- and nights spent listening to the ferocious winds. I am shattered. Whilst I am on a moan, I will also mention the cold that I have developed over the past couple of days. Always before a holiday...
Last night  noticed this pin on pinterest and it struck a real cord with me. All the plans I had for half term (painting, trips, clearing out almost every room in the house) are being pushed to one side. I need to stop and  re-balance. Some of those jobs will get done but no one is going to suffer if they don't. Sometimes doing nothing much is important.

7 comments:

  1. Take time to recharge your batteries.

    I'm waiting for my cold to materialise. One of my pupils (a front rower) was spluttering yesterday. He really shouldn't have been in school as he wasn't looking too good, but I guess his parents needed to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow teacher with a family I love reading your blog as it really taps into the rhythms of the school year and how they have such an impact on our mood. Agreed on half term chill out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can rest, recharge and recuperate during your half term break - jobs can always wait x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you do manage to do some slow down and that once you are back to work that the drive has got a little better, if not back to normal. I can sympathise as we have having to drive a long way round down a dangerous lane to get out of our village because the other normal (and safe) roads are flooded and closed! Let's hope that this rain stops soon! Happy Valentines Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s been a really nice surprise to find this lovely blog!!! You´ve got a new follower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It´s been a really nice surprise to find this lovely blog!!! You´ve got a new follower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing of all! I hope you're having a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment - I read every one and just love getting them xxx